Tuesday, November 22, 2005

stories from the line - part 2

Hi. I just like to apologise to you, the guy on the Upfield line today, to you the man in the beard sitting next to the woman in the hijaab. You were pretty upset. I could see this. I sat almost opposite you. It seemed as though you might almost burst into tears, grasping your bag in one hand and with the other checking your mobile phone. I tried very hard to focus on my book (Solaris by Stanislav Lem if you're interested) but these thoughts kept entering my head. Firey death, shattered glass, severed tendons, seared flesh... darkness and then that retching smell of burning chemicals and skin. Again I would like to apologise.

I mean what does a bomber feel before, well, before he kills himself and those around him? Does he cry? I suppose not. Although I think that if I was to be a victim of a suicide bomber I would like him (or her) to cry before we both die.

2 comments:

Dack Davros said...

Here's a poem, from the heart.

Full_beenz are to me,
five crows have ten pens,
green for the pea,
stop once and again...

Full_beenz.

nobody said...

Fully, I fel ya, it's like I always say...