Friday, August 31, 2007

I can't help but think now that there is a cafe in Brunswick that I can no longer walk into. A cafe that when I walk past, I'll have to drop my eyes awkwardly and increase my step. There'll be no more red lentil dhal for me.

I went home with the barista on Wednesday night and he hasn't called. He said he'd call me as he left Thursday morning with a kiss and that'd we'd hang out tonight, Friday night but here I sit alone with just my second wine a little to my right, keeping me company.

He did say such nice things, oh such nice things. He told me all about what we would do on future dates, a trip to the zoo to meet his orangutans on Saturday and then waking in each others' arms and the morning sex we'd have that he so enjoyed; he bemoaned my leaving to South America in a month and talked about hooking up when I got back. He told me emphatically that this was not a one night stand and I believed him.

It seemed to go all so well, surprisingly so, well until I suppose he didn't call.

***********

There is a voice in my head that tells me that the nice things he said were all true. That he meant every word of it. That I was engaging and intelligent, that my eyes had both depth and insight beyond my years yada yada.... and then he saw me naked. There is a voice in my head that talks about the economy of beauty versus intellect, that if you are lacking in one, to attract a mate you must compensate with the other. However this voice reminds me that in all my sexual encounters no one has ever called the next day or returned that text that is doing its very best to hide its disappointment.

4 comments:

richardwatts said...

*hugs*

g-man said...

thanks man. although after last night's behaviour I am not sure I warrant such sympathy :-(

Dreck said...

How're you going now, G-Man?
There's a lot of shit out there.
Cultivate the good.

g-man said...

Yeah doing good although still a little confused. He called in the end with some pretty good reasons why the incomunicado but he's seems pretty uninterested though and I am not into chasing him... so que será será