Wednesday, February 15, 2006

crimes of cohabitation

It's true. It's official. I really am a bad house mate. Not only am I anti-social and don't clean the bathroom but when switching off the iron this morning I accidently turned the freezer off. So effectively I left the iron on all day and let the freezer defrost but thankfully the house didn't burn down and there was no meat in the freezer to go bad. Indeed the fates did smile fondly down upon me this evening. My housemate who seems to be avoiding me at the moment came home from work late and is thus wholely unaware of my crimes; so am I going to tell her? Fuck no.

3 comments:

nobody said...

giggle giggle

Anonymous said...

My only advice to you is be careful with the toaster. What starts out as a pleasant raisin toast cooking experience can turn ugly if you turn your back on it. Before long you'll find yourself running around the house waiving your arms and legs like crazy trying to fan the smoke through every door and window. And peeling the smouldering mess of liquid plastic ex-toaster from the laminex. And trying to think of ways to cover that hole in the benchtop.

True story, happened to a friend of mine ;-)

g-man said...

Left the back door open and the wire door unlocked the day after the freezer incident. My housemate brought this to my attention the next morning, I apologised stung with guilt but I was still unwilling to mentioned the freezer. I noticed yesterday that there's a pack of paddle-pops on the top shelf and I'm too scared to check whether they've been disfigured or not by my scatteredness as if even knowledge of this is akin to admitting guilt to the highest court this land's got. I know nothing I tells ya-- short of this confession that is.