Friday, December 14, 2007

green-go

Maybe it is getting a little late to be having these thoughts, asking these questions and then ranting them at you all through what is likely to be some messy and drunken prose.


I`ve been in Santiago a week now and I find myself getting a little too comfortable. I`ve got friends here and I`ve met this chileno called Julio and well, I am not so sure what to make of that. I am supposed to hang out with him tomorrow and part of me hopes that he`ll end what I think is just a elongated one night stand.

I am just so used to rejection that it has become the less scary of the two paths.

He doesn`t speak very much english, in fact I speak more spanish, but this has so far proved less an obstacle and more of a source of amusement as he both ridicules and compliments my attempts, between our kissing como los peces.

He explained to me the other night the origins of the word gringo. Apparently at time of the conquest of Mexico, the spaniard conquistadores were wearing the colour green in their uniform and the word makes reference to that: GREEN-GO. Fuck off foreigner!

As Kermit the Frog said: "it`s not easy being green."

As the Clash said: "should I stay or should I go."

2 comments:

richardwatts said...

Stay. See what happens. Miss you. *hug*

g-man said...

Part of me would like to stay over here forever but I know that isn´t sensible and I miss you all too much (and I´ve got a few bands to see back home). But I´ve been in Santiago roughly 2 weeks now and will likely be here over christmas. I´ve been invited to una noche de los almas perdidas, a night of lost souls as it were and am looking forward to not being lonely over christmas.