Monday, July 04, 2005

this is temporary....

Set on forming some tired and cliched existential mantra into digital ones and zeros so as to compete with the immensities of crap already on the internet, I write this the first entry to this blog, soy temporal. I am temporary as the distance between what I was and what I am flux with every perceptible unit of time. I am temporary when the pragmatism of the present hollows out the ideals of the past and co-opts the dreams of the future, until all I am left with is shallow memories and a commitment to continuity. I work in a job I hate in the hope it will get me somewhere better. I work in a job I hate because it pays the bills. I work in a job that I hate because I lack the imagination to leave.

This is temporary. Five years of this same shit and I tell myself this is temporary.

No comments: